To invest in private mortgages of in shares of a MIC managed by Great Pacific you can start by contacting a member of our team for more information.
We have three distinct MIC funds which offers our investors choice. One of our team members will work with you to find the fund or mix of funds that best suits you.
About investing in a MIC managed by Great Pacific
Shares of the MIC funds are not offered by prospectus. All investors must qualify for an exemption from the prospectus requirements. This information is available in the offering memorandum.
- Participants in the MIC buy shares in the MIC.
- The minimum investment is $5,000
- Dividends have been paid quarterly and can be paid out as income or reinvested for growth
- Annual General Meetings are held for each fund. Shareholders have voting rights and a voice.
- The shares are redeemable by the issuer upon written notice from the investor, and as approved by the issuer.
Please review the offering memorandum for further details.
Investing in a MIC, here are some questions you should be asking:
- Are you speaking to the person who will be making the investment or a salesperson?
- Can you call up any time to ask about decisions that have been made?
- What is the history of performance on this MIC?
- Does the MIC offer complete disclosure of its mortgage investment details?
- How does the MIC diversify its mortgage investments to protect investors?
- Is there a provision for losses and liquidity?